Elkhart Truth article Moore Takes Issue With New York Times Article
I chose this article for review because it is one of my greatest frustrations that the press way too frequently misinforms either by only reporting partial information or just simply reporting for the sensational effect that will sell papers.
I read the Times article the Mayor of Elkhart is refuting in the Truth article and my first reaction was "there have always been restriction for garage sales in Elkhart". And I don't recall that I bothered to read the entire article. I have reached a point where I will not waste time paying credance to known ineptness.
Content wise the Truth article begins as it should for this topic by stating the facts as presented by City officials. Continuing to give the background of the related Times article is helpful for those who did not see it to know what this article is about, but also assists those who did in having an understanding of how such shabby reporting came about.
The Truth webpage layout for the article begins with too much white space between the headline and the body of the article. The spacing between the paragraphs appear to be 1 1/2 lines instead of 1 line. This is not visually appealing and takes up more space than there needs to be. The alignment for the text is good. The border is effective enough. The colors of some of the elements around the article do make them stand out. However I have alway felt the eTruth page format is somewhat "messy" and confusing. I also do not like the ad and rating block inside the article text area. The ad blocks along in the right hand column of the page are asethically well placed and aligned and break up the other elements effectively.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment